Quick and Easy way to keep your scalp and hair hydrated during Summer!!!
Rice Water: Normal/Fermented/Boiled water.
Ingredients: Rice and water
Normal Rice water: quick method
First rinse the rice with about a cup of water to remove any dirt or impurities. Add 2-3 cups of water and let the rice soak for 30 minutes. Then use a spoon or your finger to mix water and rice until the water turns cloudy and now strain out the rice water into a clean bowl. Detangle your hair, spray rice water into your scalp and hair, leave it for half hour and wash.
Fermented Rice water:
Once you have collected your rice water, leave it at room temperature for a day or until it turns slightly sour. It can take any where from 24 to 48 hours. If you have oily hair apply less to the scalp.
Boiled Rice water:
You can also use the boiled rice water. Boil the rice and strain the excess water to apply on the scalp and length of your hair. This rice water will be very concentrated, so dilute it with plain water until it is just slightly cloudy.
- Best moisturizer: Keeps hair and scalp hydrated
- Decreases Hair breakage
- Repairs damaged hair
- Strengthens hair roots
- can be used as conditioner as well
- Reduces surface friction and improve hair elasticity
DIY: Green Tea – Hair Scrub
How frequently do you use Hair scrub??? I never did 🙁
I use my fingernails to scrub and massage while shampooing which is not healthy for your scalp. Lately my scalp has been flaky as I was not giving much attention to my hair which I used to do before (My scalp has never been flaky as far as I remember, I always keep my scalp moisturized with oils or other DIY’s).
I would recommend to use Hair scrub at least once in 2 weeks or weekly once depends on the place you stay and how polluted your environment it is.
I have used this scrub twice and it really felt good :):)
- Green Tea: 2-3 Spoons or 2 Bags (just take the powder from the bag)
- Coconut Oil: 2 Table spoons
- Olive Oil: 1 Spoon
- Castor Oil: 1/2 Spoon (It really does help in promote hair growth)
- Essential oils few drops (Optional)
Any 1 of the carrier oil can be used to mix with Green Tea, however I always use coconut and castor Oil as must because both the oils have great properties in promoting hair growth and keeping your scalp moisturized.
Detangle your hair and apply the scrub in your scalp gently for few minutes, then apply the rest of the mix to your ends and leave it for half an hour.
Green Tea Properties:
- Strengthens the roots and activates hair follicles
- Promotes Hair growth
- Fights Stress and Depression
- Promotes Blood Circulation in the Scalp
- Destroys Parasites
Easy way to keep our hair healthy, shiny and moisturized:
During winter our scalp tends to dry easily and we would like to keep them moisturized as much as possible. Here’s an easy way to keep them moisturized with Cocoa and Shea butter.
Cocoa butter, Shea butter, Coconut Oil and essential oils (Optional).
How to Use: Add 1 spoon of Cocoa and Shea raw & un-refined butter in a bowl (depends on the length of your hair, if you have short to medium hair just half a spoon of each is enough), place the bowl in hot water to melt the butter. Once the butters are melted, you can add half a spoon of coconut oil and few drops of essential oils (optional).
Detangle your hair, then start massaging the butter into your scalp for few mins and apply till the ends. Leave the butter for half hour and wash it with organic shampoo and conditioner.
Benefits of Shea Butter:
- Hair softener
- Massage oil for the scalp
- Moisturizes your hair
- Protects your hair from UV rays and environmental pollutants.
Benefits of Cocoa Butter:
- Makes it more manageable
- Prevents hair loss due to breakage
- Strengthens hair shaft
- Adds volume and strenght to fine hair
- Replenishes oils lost due to chemical processes
- Repairs damaged hair strands
- Smells delicious
P.S – As mentioned earlier I do not comb my hair when it’s wet, and you can see my hair is messed up and not properly combed 😛
I bought Shea and Cocoa butter from Green juntion (Available in ebay), I have been using for past 2 years and it has good effect on skin and hair. Link below:
How to wash your hair the better way??
Usually most of us tend to flip our hair upside down to wash as it is easier to cleanse and not let shampoo scroll all over our body to avoid acne (I think most of us have the fear of acne at back). Even I used to wash my hair flipping it upside down for quiet a long time.
Reasons why you should be washing your hair straight down is:
- Very first thing is it avoids tangles (Which is a great savior esp if you have long hair).
- As it is tangled minimum you can just comb your hair with your fingers and head off to your daily routine. It is advisable not to comb your hair when it is wet as it tends to break easily.
- We can concentrate washing more on scalp and massage few mins which is easier when we wash straight rather than rubbing our mid hair/ends, because the shampoo residue will wash the rest of the hair when it scrolls down just a simple massage with the residue will do.
- You can save lot of pain to your spine and neck.
- We all have the fear of acne issues while we wash our hair straight down, but you can avoid that by wearing one of your old tee-shirt when you wash your hair.
- When we flip our hair and wash we mostly concentrate on mid hair/ends which causes more damage to the hair by rubbing vigorously.
- It gets tangled a lot.
As you can see my hair is almost tangle free and this is how it looks after it is dried and not combed entire day after the wash (Yes I go to office just by combing with my fingers after the wash :P)
Easy way to Strengthen your hair with quick DIY: MILK
Raw Milk or boiled Milk!!!!
- OILY Hair: Take a bowl of Raw or boiled milk, detangle your hair and apply the milk to scalp and rest of the hair. I usually concentrate more on scalp and the ends. Massage the scalp for 2-3 mins and leave it for 30 mins before washing your hair. If you don’t like the smell, you can add few drops of essential oil.
- DRY to VERY DRY Hair: A bowl of Raw or boiled milk, add few drops of castor oil, coconut oil, 2-3 capsule of Vitamin E and few drops of essential oil. Blend it all together and apply.
- Strengthens your hair and prevents breakage
- Moisture’s scalp
- Treats Dry and Rough hair
- Adds shine